About the Department
MEI's Arts and Culture program facilitates cross-cultural understanding by promoting the work of emerging Middle Eastern artists, hosting them in conversation, and connecting them with American counterparts.
The Arts and Culture Department seeks an intern to facilitate a new arts exhibition tour and accompanying educational programming in cities across the country.
The department also seeks an intern to assist with a unique exchange program, bringing Middle Eastern cultural leaders to the United States. The intern will help organize programs and events for the visiting cultural leaders in cities around the country.
- Help create banners, fliers, posters and program books for the visitors’ marketing needs
- Logistics and event planning
- Conduct research on venues and artists
Number of Positions: 2
- A positive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity and interest in the Middle East
- Adobe InDesign/Adobe CreativeSuite (Including Photoshop) and Constant Contact experience preferred
- Experience working with museums or art galleries a
- Experience planning, managing, and implementing events preferred
- Familiarity with regional artists and cultural leaders a